Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 1: Desert! Watermelon fruit cake! (recipe) 5 steps!



Hey foodies!

So I realized I didn't post anything about my AMAZING desert!

sooooo here it is!..... I made THIS! (Recipe below)



This was SOOOOO tasty and light.. 
I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought I could give it a try. 


Watermelon Fruit Cake 


What you'll need

1 Whole Watermelon 
1 Handfull of fresh blue berries 
1 carton or fresh strawberries (or whatever fruit you want to put on it)
1 quart of heavy whipping cream (some people use cool whip... but I no likey!) 
Sweetener (I used stevia but you can use splenda) 
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Chopped or sliced almonds
Electric Beater 


Step 1:  Cut the round top and bottom off of the watermelon 
and then cut the sides off to give yourself a round shape. 

Step 2: Take half of the Heavy cream and whip until it's fluffy
Add in sweetner and vanilla and blend in. (NOTE: Don't over beat or you'll get butter)

Step 3: Take the whipped cream and spread all over the cake using light motions
(Just like icing a cake) 

Step 4: slice up the strawberries and decorate the cake 
using them and the blueberries

Step 5: put sliced almonds all over the side of the cake 

Refrigerate for an hour and then serve! 

SOOOOO YUMMY! 

ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment